- IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
- DATA WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
- DATA ACCURACY
- CHANGE OF PURPOSE
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- TRANSFER OF DATA
- DATA SECURITY
- DATA RETENTION
- YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW TO ACCESS YOUR DATA
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
CentralNic Group PLC is the company that operates the CentralNicGroup.com website. CentralNic Group PLC is a company registered in England & Wales with Registration Number 08576358. CentralNic provides registry services, distribution, and strategic consultancy for new TLDs, ccTLDs and SLDs.
CentralNic is committed to protecting the privacy of its users our services are developed to ensure your privacy and confidentiality.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
We take data security and data privacy seriously. If you have questions or concerns please contact us:
Address: Data Privacy Officer, CentralNic Group PLC, 4th Floor, Saddlers House, 44 Gutter Lane, London, EC2V 6BR
Telephone: +44 (0)203 388 0600
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Third Party Links
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
We must collect and process some information about you in order to operate, provide, improve, support and market our services.
The type of information you provide to us and how we use it depends upon how you use our services. For example information you may provide your name email and postal address when you contact us by phone, letter or using the webform contact facility on this website. We collect information you provide when you:
- Or a company you represent, enters a contract with us as a registrar or reseller
- Ask us to contact you in relation to services we provide
- Subscribe to our newsletters
- Order other services or products from us from links on this page to domain names services
- Use our Whois Services
- Use our webmail contact service for emailing registrants
- Interact with us on social media platforms such as Linked-in or Twitter
- Report a problem on our website or contact our support or domain abuse teams
- Visit our offices
- Respond to survey
- Apply for a job with us or work for us
- Visit our websites
- As a shareholder you may be contacted by our representatives’ regarding information about CentralNic Group PLC and we may send you annual reports
2.1 How we use your data
We will only use your personal data for lawful purposes. This includes:
- Provision of the services we have contracted with you or the company you represent
- To monitor improve our products and services
- To give notice of changes to the services
- To administer the website, internal operations, customer support, testing, feedback
- To manage our relationship with our registrars, resellers and affiliates.
Other uses include:
When you visit this website, we also collect web site usage information and information about your computer and internet connection, including your computer’s IP address, the type and version of browser and operating system you use, your internet domain and, if you arrived at CentralNicGroup.com via a link from another website, the URL of the linking page. This information is used to ensure, as far as is practical, that our site is compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by the majority of our visitors.
We may capture CCTV images of visitors to our offices for security purposes and we currently only use CCTV out of office hours for criminal detection and crime prevention. Notices show where this is in use.
We may monitor or record phone calls for training and quality purposes. We only do so if we inform you at the time of the recording or if you choose to leave a voicemail message.
Job Applicants and Employees
If you contact us as an applicant for a job, you are required to give us your contact information (name, address, email, and telephone number). Then we may contact you to have you send us your CV. Any personal information is only used for the purpose to evaluate your application and will be treated with the greatest care.
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time. Bear in mind, though, that if you delete these cookies, any settings such as your stored username and password will have to be reset when you log in again.
You may stop your browser from accepting cookies. The Help portion of your browser should explain how to configure your browser’s cookie handling. Your browser may have add-ons that may help you block cookies. You may have limited functionality if you block cookies or web beacons set by our website.
DoubleClick Google DART Cookie
Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to these sites, and other sites on the Internet.
CentralNic has no access to or control over the cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Usage of Hotjar
Our websites use Hotjar web analytics service. Hotjar may record mouse clicks, mouse movements and scrolling activity. Hotjar collects information regarding pages visited, actions which are taken, country, device used, operating system, and browser used. Hotjar does not collect personally identifiable information that you do not voluntarily enter in this website. Hotjar does not track your browsing habits across web sites which do not use Hotjar services. https://www.hotjar.com/
It is important that the personal data we hold about you and any company or oganisation you represent is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes. You can update your personal information by logging in to the CentralNic console or contacting your account manager.
Where you or the company you represent have opted-in to receive such communications we may send you information about our products and services. You may “unsubscribe” using the link found on the bottom of such communications or contact your account manager.
To the extent permitted by law, your personal data may be disclosed to the following third parties:
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group companies affiliated with ourselves or our holding Company CentralNic Group PLC
- We may share with a third party which contracts with us to provide certain of the services you have been requested.
- If we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If CentralNic or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party in which data including personal data associated with registrars for example will form part of the transferred assets or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights property or safety of CentralNic, or its customers.
- We may forward your personal data to third-party payment providers directly involved in the provision of payment services for payment facilities chosen by you to pay for our services, such as a banks’ credit card service providers, Paypal and others. This may require the transfer of your personal data to organizations and/or servers located outside the European Union and the European Economic Area.
- If applicable, your personal data may be provided to operators of registration database (formerly whois) services and the users of such services if required and such provision and use is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, as permitted under Art. 6 I f) of the GDPR.
- To ensure business continuity, your personal data may be provided to escrow service providers as well as to backup storage providers.
- We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, to other government and/or civil authorities similarly authorized by applicable laws and regulations and to courts of appropriate jurisdiction if so required by law. To ensure data accuracy and to prevent abusive use of our services, we may use third-party verification service providers to check the data you have provided. To assess our business operations, we may also provide access to your data to our auditors.
- For support purposes, we may provide access to your personal data to providers of third-party support services.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Many of our external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long do we retain your information?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. If we have your data because we are preforming services for you or an organisation you represent then your information will be retained for the duration of the services and for 6 years thereafter, unless otherwise agreed.
If you are employed by CentralNic we will retain such data as required for as long as you are an employee with CentralNic and for three years after termination.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
All information that CentralNic has collected is available online in your account and you may access such information at any time by logging in to your account.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to access information we hold about you and receive information about how we process it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us to protect your security and comply with our data accuracy policies.
Request erasure of your personal data. You may request to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reasons for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in such limited circumstances as: where you wish to cancel all services and close your accounts; or where you need us to hold the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims when we would normally delete or anonymise the data.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will allow you to copy your information held by us. If you wish to transfer domain names to another registrar please login and go to the “Manage Transfers” tab on the website.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please log in to your account or contact us on email@example.com.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.